Applications for NZSSSO 2024 OPEN September 1st 2023 and close 24th October 2023.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR 2024 – PLEASE READ EVERYTHING!:
- We now invite applications for NZSSSO 2024. The programme requires strings, flutes (including piccolo), oboes (including cor anglais), clarinets (including bass clarinet), bassoons, french horns, trumpets, trombones, bass trombone, tuba, timpani, percussion, harp and celeste/piano.
- We also invite applications for the position of Concertmaster; the audition requirements for this can be found with the Violin details.
- There is a $10 application fee per applicant to cover the audition process.
- Please note, course fees for 2024 are $290 (or $240 per sibling if more than one family member is attending).
The Audition Process
- Prepare a short solo piece that demonstrates your stated playing ability. You can perform with or without accompaniment.
- Download and prepare the orchestral excerpts for your instrument(s) (link here), following any instructions given.
- Record both the short solo and your orchestral excerpts as your audition video and then upload to YouTube following these instructions;
- Go to www.youtube.com
- Sign in or create an account
- Click Upload
- Set privacy setting to ‘unlisted’ (this is very important)
- Upload your audition clip. You will need to copy the video URL (link) and enter it into the application form.
- Fill in the application form (link here) and copy and paste video URL (link) into the application form under ‘Recording link’.
- Email Georgina Rees-Stevenson firstname.lastname@example.org only if you encounter any problems with the above.
- Remember your school music department may be able to assist with recording if necessary.
- You will NOT be able to finally submit the application form before you have your audition recorded and ready.
- Fill in and submit the 2024 Application Form, making sure that you receive an acknowledgement copy of your answers via email – please contact us if you don’t.
- Pay the audition fee of $10 to 03-1705-0080332-000 – please use applicant’s full name and instrument as reference.