Applications for 2023 OPEN 1st September 2022 and close 25th October 2022
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR 2023 – PLEASE READ EVERYTHING!:
- The 2022 course was cancelled due to COVID. All members of the 2022 Orchestra (including year 13 students who would have left school by the 2023 course) have automatically been offered the opportunity of a place in the 2023 Orchestra.
- Equivalent seating is not guaranteed for these students – if you would like to be considered for a seating promotion/change then please re-audition following the normal process. If you do not do this, your 2022 audition may be used to decide seating.
- After this process, we still have limited places available across the 2023 orchestra and invite applications for all instruments.
- We also invite applications for the position of Concertmaster; both from new applicants and students who already have a place for 2023. The audition requirements for this can be found with the Violin details.
- There is a $10 application fee per applicant to cover the audition process. (You do NOT need to pay this if you were selected for the 2022 Orchestra and have taken up a place for 2023, even if you submit a new audition).
- Please note, course fees for 2023 are $280 (or $230 per sibling if more than one family member is attending).
The Audition Process
- Prepare a short solo piece that demonstrates your stated playing ability
- Download and prepare the orchestral extracts for your instrument(s) (link here), following any instructions given.
- Record both the short solo and your orchestral excerpts as your audition video and then upload to YouTube following these instructions;
- Go to www.youtube.com
- Sign in or create an account
- Click Upload
- Set privacy setting to ‘unlisted’ (this is very important)
- Upload your audition clip. You will need to copy the video URL (link) and enter it into the application form.
- Fill in the application form (link here) and copy and paste video URL (link) into the application form under ‘Recording link’.
- Email Sarah Anderson email@example.com only if you encounter any problems with the above.
- Remember your school music department may be able to assist with recording if necessary.
- You will NOT be able to finally submit the application form before you have your audition recorded and ready.
- Fill in and submit the 2023 Application Form, making sure that you receive an acknowledgement copy of your answers via email – please contact us if you don’t.
- Pay the audition fee of $10 to 03-1705-0080332-000 – please use applicant’s full name and instrument as reference.